Comment emails are sent in 2 different circumstances:
- Whenever a comment is posted on the discussion page of a project an email is sent out to every other person who’s part of that project.
- When a comment is posted on a task you have the option to decide who to notify in the “Notify people” section. You can only notify internal users as it’s only internal users that can view tasks.
When people receive an email they have 2 options:
- They can click the link at the bottom of the email to login and reply.
- They can reply directly by email.
Note: If they choose to reply directly by email then they must use the same email address that they use to login to project.co. This is so that their email can be attached to their user on the project.
When someone replies to a comment by email their reply will be posted on the relevant project in the discussions page or the comment feed in the relevant task.
Note: Attachments such as images and files that are sent by email won’t be posted to the project. If you need to upload a file along with your comment then you need to login and reply directly on the project.
Reply to email & posting to projects
The “reply to” email is specific to that project. So you can use that email address to email to the project at any point. Just a few things to be aware of:
- We don’t currently show the reply-to email address before a comment is posted so you’ll only see the email address in the first email that is sent from that project.
- If you email in to the project an email will only be posted to the project if the email that it’s sent from belongs to a person that is part of that project.